When you go by motorcoach – you go green. On a per passenger basis, motorcoaches have superior passenger fuel efficiency compared to all other forms of transportation. By supporting motorcoach transportation you are contributing to a cleaner environment.
- Motorcoaches achieve 206.6 passenger miles per gallon (MPG), commuter rail gets 92.4 passenger MPG, transit buses achieve 31.4 passenger MPG, domestic airplanes achieve 44 passenger MPG, personal automobiles average 27.2 passenger MPG, and hybrid cars 46 passenger MPG.
- Each full motorcoach has the potential of removing 55 autos from the highway, reducing congestion, cutting energy use, and reducing emissions.
- Motorcoaches emit the least carbon dioxide per passenger mile when compared to other forms of transportation.
- Our Volvo fleet raises the bar on green travel even farther with a Volvo designed and built engine (assembled in the US) that meets 2012 emissions standards. Volvo motorcoaches have improved torque and power while lowering emissions and reducing fuel use. Extended oil change intervals minimize use of oil.
- Our new Van Hool CX-45 fleet is powered by a Detroit Diesel DD13 engine (designed by Mercedes Benz) that delivers outstanding fuel economy and meets 2013 EPA emissions standards. The DD13 engine saves oil due to its having a better design and longer service intervals.